Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Won the Versatile Blogger Award


Thank you to both Kimberlee over at Free Spirit Eater and Erin of Dinners, Dishes & Desserts for this award!

As I accept this award I must first note the rules... (this goes for all who receive this award as well). You must thank the person who awarded you by linking back to their post, you have to say 7 things about yourself (let's assume they should be interesting), and last but certainly not least, you have to pass the award down to 15 other new or newly discovered by me blogs.

Shall we?

7. I have made approximately 90 round trips to China, landing either in Hong Kong or within China itself. I haven't been since December and could list a dozen foods I miss.

6. I'm known as a bit of a renaissance woman. I'm a milliner, fashion & accessories designer and knit wear designer by trade. I garden, cook and create as much of the time as possible.

5. I teach custom cooking classes to people in their own kitchens (so they can gain confidence there.)

4. I had my first recipes published when I was 9 years old.

3. My 104 year old home is under MAJOR renovation. We use flashlights a lot. Weird fact: It has upset my cats, who are brothers, and they both have lost a little hair in the same place over it. The only room not under the reno plan these next few months is the kitchen (thank heavens for small blessings!)

2. I collect and read cookbooks, cover to cover, as though they were novels. (I do read other genres as well, of course). I will be reviewing cookbooks on the new website (see #1). If you have a cookbook that you would like reviewed, please contact me.

1. Although I've been a blogger since 2002 with over 80,000 hits on my original blog, I'm building a website that will showcase all of my passions in an easier to maneuver way. This is the first step in my master plan to take over my destiny during my much unexpected career change. Stay tuned! This all will move over there soon!

Who am I passing this Versatile Blogger Award along to (in no particular order)?
1. Food Blog and the Dog shows how versatile vegetarian cuisine can be.
2. Miss Bosslady at Mind Over Batter seems to look at food through some tasty eyes.
3. Creative Kitchen Adventures exuberance is contagious.
4. Liren at Kitchen Confidante has great insight.
5. Betsy Life runs the wonderful Seasonal Potluck.
6. Kelly of Eat Yourself Skinny has a wonderful outlook.
7. Lindsey over at Gingerbread Bagels has posts that make me so hungry.
8. Bread and Milk and Blackberries is having great bread adventures.
9. Roxana at A Little Bit of Everything -- that's the perfect name.
10. ElinLuv of ElinLuvs Sweet Delights & ElinLuvs Tidbits Corner has a nice mix of things.
11. Karen at Tasty Trials has one of the same goals I do, to write a cookbook, and writes of her own creations (unless otherwise noted.)
12. I love the Gourmatine blog. Just beautiful.
13. Paula at Gapey's Grub does some beautiful photography, and she's a sock knitter to boot!
14. Sasha at A Kitchen in Brooklyn for her fun posts.
15. Michelle at Taste As You Go has a great site and is a Red Sox Fan to boot!

8 comments:

  1. Wow thank you soo much Kimberli!! I'm so honored to receive this award from you and congratulations on receiving it as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberli,

    Thank you so much for the award for my two blogs..I feel so honored to be given this award to not only one but two :))))) grinning from ear to ear now :)

    Tq so much...shall pick it up soon :)

    Have a nice day,
    Elin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for passsing the award onto me, a lovely surprise!! I've just got to try and think of 7 interesting things about myself now, oh dear !! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kimberli,

    congratulations on your award. Awesome! Also thank you for being part of the Bake Sale. We couldn't do it without bidders like you. Hope that you like Molly's Brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for including me - I'd be glad to be up to the task. Congratulations and thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kimberli, congratulations with your award and thank you very much for passing it! I feel really honored! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for passing along The Versatile Blogger award! I'm honored!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks lady! You're the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete